Another big film has been moved from the spring as Paramount Pictures has also delayed their anticipated horror flick A Quiet Place Part II moving it from April 23rd to September 17th.
Studios weighing closures of theaters alongside the the slow rollout of the vaccine has led to a bulk of the spring line-up being pushed to the summer and fall. In the case of some Sony Pictures films such as Uncharted and Morbius, moved completely out of 2021 to early 2022.
Paramount seems to be committed to a theatrical release of their films despite the rebranding of the streaming service CBS All Access as Paramount+ coming soon. There are signs that Tom Cruise’s Top Gun: Maverick could be bumped when studios start moving more summer tentpoles but there are suggestions they will keep a theatrical release.
However, we’ll likely see more of these pushes in the coming weeks.
The studio has future plans of continuing A Quiet Place franchise as director Jeff Nichols is currently attached to write and direct an untitled third film.
A QUIET PLACE PART II – Following the deadly events at home, the Abbott family (Emily Blunt, Millicent Simmonds, Noah Jupe) must now face the terrors of the outside world as they continue their fight for survival in silence. Forced to venture into the unknown, they quickly realize that the creatures that hunt by sound are not the only threats that lurk beyond the sand path.
Here’s a reminder of the recent date changes.
- Godzilla vs. Kong – March 26th, 2021 (moved up)
- Nobody – April 2nd, 2021
- BIOS – August 13th, 2021
- The King’s Man – August 20th, 2021
- A Quiet Place Part II – September 17th, 2021
- The Many Saints of Newark – September 24th, 2021
- No Time To Die – October 8th, 2021
- Last Night In Soho – October 22nd, 2021
- Antlers – October 29th, 2021
- Ghostbusters: Afterlife – November 11th, 2021
- Nightmare Alley – December 3rd, 2021
- Morbius – January 21st, 2022
- Uncharted – February 11th, 2022
- Ambulance – February 18th, 2022
- Bob’s Burgers (TBA)
SOURCE: PARAMOUNT PICTURES