We finally got a big update on Captain Marvel 2 with the hiring of director Nia DaCosta and it might be yet another hint that Marvel Studios is preparing to give Monica Rambeau a sizable role in the upcoming sequel.
Here is a string of reasons why actress Teyonah Parris will likely be showing up in Captain Marvel 2 as Monica.
- A young Monica Rambeau was introduced in Captain Marvel setting up Carol’s friendship with her mother Maria, a fellow female Air Force pilot.
- An adult Monica Rambeau will appear alongside S.W.O.R.D. (cosmic counterpart to S.H.I.E.L.D.) in WandaVision, played by actress Teyonah Parris. Both having an important role to play in Captain Marvel 2 wouldn’t be at all shocking.
- WandaVision writer Megan McDonnell is currently working on the sequel’s script and has already tackled the character.
- Captain Marvel 2 director Nia DaCosta recently worked with Teyonah Parris on her horror film Candyman.
- Rambeau took on the Captain Marvel mantle before Carol Danvers in 1982. She more recently uses the hero name Spectrum, a member of the Ultimates team alongside Carol Danvers and T’Challa aka Black Panther.
- There is a good shot that Monica could replace Nick Fury as Carol’s buddy/sidekick in the sequel as their friendship was previously established.